Monday, June 27, 2011

Prayers for the Book

It's been a very busy week.  I am finishing my work with Epilepsy Foundation Middle and West Tennessee, picking up steam in bringing the satellite office of the Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana to Western Kentucky, and also working on the Walk Around Kentucky for Epilepsy that will benefit the EF of Kentuckiana: which will be held in Murray KY on Saturday July 9th!! It is a busy time. 

Also, at the heart of my work, is Caleb's Story, and some exciting things have happened this week in regards to my book.  I have had an Acquisitions Director for a publishing company to begin doing a "quick overview" of my book and emailed me to say she had been "sucked right into the story".  She has no ties to epilepsy or autism or children with chronic illness, and she thought the story was touching and profound.  It just absolutely made my day!! I am praying that the editors that read my work are moved by Caleb's story and feel that it should be published, and I am asking for you all to pray for that as well!! Also, today, at a meeting about a potential grant for our endeavor in West Ky, a sweet lady who was there who heard me speaking about my book with my colleagues, and was so moved by what we were discussing, that she asked to read my book as soon as it came out! That just touched my heart and made me feel so thankful that just hearing a glimpse about Caleb makes people want to read and hear our journey! 

I miss my sweet boy every day.  But knowing that his journey, his story, our lives with him, resonates to people from every walk of life, it just makes me more driven to see that his story is published to reach everyone, because I think everyone could learn something from his life. 

I am meeting some wonderful people along this journey, and I am so grateful to those voices of support and love and encouragement.

If you are dealing with Epilepsy or Autism or other comorbidities, find hope, make a team, reach out.  Contact me here, or at bethcbaker@hotmail.com, I will do all I can to help you.

Blessings,

Beth Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment